OK, so we already went to Ethiopia! But I think you can still get the book if you really wanted to. Good luck with that!

June 30, 2010

STOP CLEANING YOUR HOUSE!

I'd love to hear from some house cleaners here. I know that everyone does not share my opinions on having a clean house. Am I way off in my assumptions on why people feel like they have to have a clean house? Or do people really even think that way? And do you even care if people's houses are clean or not? Heck, maybe you don't even care if your house is clean. Or you might have a great reason that you make sure your house is always clean. That's the great thing about a BLOOK, we can share ideas.
We want to hear what you think. So, click on COMMENTS below and give us your thoughts.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I like MY house to be neat(and 'neat' doesn't always mean 'clean'). Not because I'm a neat freak (I'm actually fairly lazy), but, because I get easily overwhelmed and crabby when things get too cluttered. Keeping things consistantly "neat" keeps me from getting clutter paralysis - the overwhelming feeling you get when you can't find anything, do anything or move fluidly through a room, but also can't figure out how you're going begin digging out. This said, I'm cool coming to anyones messy house because I don't have to clean it up. So, Tony, or anyone else, if you're ever walking by our house DON'T HESITATE to stop by. If I appear edgy, check to see if it's messy before you take it personally;)

AMARCE said...

Hey Chris, I thought I was the only one who can leave comments on this thing...maybe there should be a chapter on sharing the limelight! This one really made me think. I spend a lot of time trying to keep the house in order, but it is probably too much time. I know that I am getting away from God's plan when I use time that could be spent with the kids to clean things up or put stuff away.

Unknown said...

I love this one! So I grew up with a dad that if you didn't clean your room your toys were going in the garbage, literally! So I beat myself up sometimes if my house is a mess. But I have 2 boys and to have a perfectly clean house I would have to be a really mean mom or stay home all the time, neither of which are happening! So I try to meet myself half way. My house is clean, as in the toliets and stuff but clutter on the other hand I'm learning to live with, I usually get around to it once a week so the build up isn't horrendous. As far as other people's houses unfortunately I do notice if it's clean and if it's really dirty I might not want my 8 month old crawling around but I don't judge, we all have our downfalls!